WiFi Audio Recorder
This portable little WiFi Audio Recorder is a superb multi-surveillance product to provide you with remote real-time listening plus sound detection recording with instant playback on your smartphone from anywhere in the world. The tiny device, smaller in length than a little finger, connects to your home/office WiFi network so that you can clearly hear events in real-time through the smartphone app. The device monitors sound room levels, automatically creating a recorded file when conversations or noise are detected. Audio files are stored in chronological order with a time and date to the smartphone app that can be instantly accessed and downloaded as evidence. Files are stored on a removable Micro SD card inside the unit as a backup.
A Tiny WiFi Audio Recorder; with Remote Listening + Recording + Push Notifications
This WiFi surveillance gadget combines remote audio LIVE listening with automatic sound detection recording accessible through a secure smartphone app - anywhere worldwide. Say goodbye to SIM cards, GSM dilemmas, SMS messages, complicated setups, and poor audio quality. The WiFi Audio Recorder is one of the smallest WiFi monitoring products that will provide additional security for your home or office premises while you are absent. Your creative imagination can maximise the Audio Recorder's potential; for example, place it between books on a shelf to monitor audio and obtain evidence.
LIVE LISTENING AND SOUND DETECTION RECORDING
The Audio Recorder connects to a WiFi network, for example, your home or office, to stream high-fidelity LIVE audio of the surrounding vicinity to your smartphone. In addition, the device monitors the current sound levels and then automatically records a new audio file when conversations or noise are detected. Recorded audio files are stored in chronological order with a time and date to the smartphone app - so you can instantly playback and download audio files as evidence.
WHY USE THE AUDIO RECORDER?
You may need to gather evidence to provide sufficient proof to corroborate suspicions, and a camera may be deemed excessive or unnecessary. Perhaps you require a lesser intrusive level of security that provides peace of mind while absent for several days.
SELECTABLE WORKING MODES
The WiFi Audio Recorder has three working modes.
- Continuous Record Mode. The device will record continuously (with loop recording). You can launch the smartphone app and listen LIVE at any time. This mode will drain the battery the fastest in approx. 6 hours, or 30 hours with the larger model.
- Power Saving Mode A. You can launch the smartphone app to listen LIVE at any time. The device will automatically record and store sound-detected audio files + send a push notification. You can instantly access and playback recorded audio files on your smartphone. This mode is the most popular, consuming 1.6 mAh per hour to provide approx. 14 days of standby time, or 56 days with the larger model.
- Power Saving Mode B. You can launch the smartphone app to listen LIVE, but only within one minute of sound detection. The device will automatically record and store sound-detected audio files + send a push notification. If you fail to launch the app within one minute, you cannot access live listening until the next sound detection and push notification. This mode provides the longest battery performance, consuming just 1.0 mAh per hour to provide approx. 20 days of standby time, or 90 days with the larger model.
Note: The standby time of Modes A and B will gradually reduce depending on various factors, including how many push notifications are sent to a smartphone, how many times the unit is triggered to record, how often you launch the app and how stable the WiFi network. Read the 'More Information' tab for further details.
LARGER MODEL FOR LONGER OPERATIONAL TIMES
A larger model is available and fitted with a 3'000 mAh battery which provides longer operational times than the original unit. However, the original unit is fantastic for customers who need space-saving dimensions, while the slightly larger unit provides extra battery juice.
Original model - 55 x 30 x 15 mm
Larger model - 90 x 50 x 15 mm
The WiFi Audio Recorder is very easy to set up. After initially charging the unit, you can be operational in 5 minutes. No technical skill is needed. No messy wiring or IP configurations - and only a modern smartphone is required.
FREE iOS | ANDROID SMARTPHONE APP
The smartphone app is the control hub for the WiFI Audio Recorder and provides easy navigation with a user-friendly interface. Read the 'More Information' tab for the full list of functions.
SD CARD BACKUP
The device accepts Micro SD cards up to 128 GB (not supplied) so that audio files are safely backed up. The smartphone app displays the currently available storage space so that you always know how much storage is remaining, and you can also erase single or bulk audio files from the SD card remotely through the app.
For peace of mind, the Audio Recorder does not display its SSID when connected to a WiFi network, thus remaining from discovery by 3rd parties searching for connected WiFi devices.
NO WIFI? NO PROBLEM!
If there is no WiFi network available at the premises, consider purchasing a portable MiFi Dongle to provide a wireless 4G | 5G network to which the Audio Recorder can connect. Read the 'More Information' tab for further details.
OPTIONAL ISMART POWER BANK
Consider purchasing a portable Power Bank, which is especially handy when travelling and needs to keep your surveillance kit charged. Available from the menu above, we offer a small 10'000 mAh Power Bank that uses iSmart technology to provide the correct voltage to any electronically connected device, making it convenient to charge smartphones and tablets. Ideal to conveniently recharge the Audio Recorder when the battery level is low (the device will send a push notification when the battery level is low).
This dinky WiFi Audio Recorder represents excellent value for money without the associated costs of using GSM. It is very easy to set up and operate with a good battery performance (depending on usage) and an impressive audio sound quality.
Note: An SD card is required to operate this product. We optionally offer genuine SD cards from the menu above for this purpose.
Note: A USB main plug (not supplied) is required to charge the WiFi Audio Recorder from a mains power. We optionally offer a genuine Apple USB main plug from the menu above for this purpose.
WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF THE WIFI AUDIO RECORDER?
We offer two sizes (small and larger). The smaller model measures 55 x 30 x 15 mm, less than a little finger length, and the larger model measures 90 x 50 x 15 mm. Both units can be placed within an indoor room environment to remotely monitor events on a smartphone from anywhere in the world.
HOW EASY IS THE WIFI RECORDER TO SET UP?
The setup procedure will take approx. 5 minutes to connect the device to a WiFi network. We provide a full step-by-step User Guide.
DO I NEED A COMPUTER?
No. You only require a modern smartphone with a 4G | 5G data connection. The WiFI Audio Recorder is controlled by the smartphone app, available to download from the Apple and Google Play Store for iOS and Android.
HOW DO I ACCESS AND LISTEN TO AUDIO RECORDINGS?
The smartphone app provides a secure connection between your smartphone and the Audio Recorder, allowing you to do the following:
- Listen LIVE on your smartphone from anywhere in the world
- Hear conversations from approx. 25 - 30 feet from where the device is placed
- Automatically records and stores audio when sound is detected
- Instantly access recorded audio files (with time and date)
- Download recorded files stored in the app to your smartphone
- Change the microphone sensitivity levels between Low, Medium and High
- Change the recording durations between 1 and 5 minutes
- Enable/disable push notifications when sound is detected
- Record continuously
- Extend the working time of the Audio Recorder by enabling power-saving modes
- View the battery level indicator
- View time and date alarm logs
- View the SD card total capacity and remaining capacity
- Format the SD card
- Give the device a name, for example, Living Room, Garage, Spare Room etc
- Share the device login with a friend or colleague
- Set a time duration for a friend or colleague's login
- Update the firmware version
- Delete the device from the app
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WIFI CONNECTION DROPS OUT?
The device will not be able to operate should the WiFi signal drop out. It is important to ensure a strong and stable WiFi network is available. Poor WiFi signals will result in lagging live audio and intermittent device productivity.
I HAVE NO WIFI ON THE PREMISES. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?
If there is no WiFi available at the premises, consider purchasing a portable MiFi Dongle to provide a wireless 4G | 5G network to which the Audio Recorder can connect. A MiFi dongle is a small device fitted with an active data SIM card that creates a new instant wireless WiFi connection.
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE BATTERY PERFORMANCE PER CHARGE?
The smaller device is fitted with a 600 mAh rechargeable battery. Our tests used Battery Saving Mode A (probably the best mode for customers) to achieve 10 days of standby time. Over the 10 days, we received push notifications throughout the day - but we did not download recorded audio files or listen to the room environment - which would have drawn higher power consumption and reduced the overall standby time.
Based on our tests and the acceptance of its small footprint, the device produced decent results over a short period. The larger model has a built-in 3'000 mAh battery for much longer standby and operational times.
CAN THE AUDIO RECORDER OPERATE WHILE CONNECTED TO MAINS POWER?
Yes. Ideally, the device is designed for short-term surveillance from its built-in battery; however, it will provide much longer operational times when connected to mains.
ARE THERE LED INDICATORS WHILE WORKING?
No LEDs will flash when deployed except when switching the device ON / OFF and initially connecting the device to a WiFi network.
DOES THE WIFI RECORDER STORE AUDIO FILES ON AN SD CARD?
Yes. An SD card is required for the product to work. There is no option to disable audio recording on any operational mode (continuous recording, battery save mode A, or battery save mode B). The smartphone app can access files stored on the SD card to playback, download, and erase recordings.
WHY WOULD I WANT TO USE THIS DEVICE?
Many personal or business reasons exist for using remote WiFi listening and voice recording. For example, you may wish to be alerted when somebody enters your personal space or the restricted area of the company premises. You may need to gather audio recordings as evidence to support sensitive issues. You may like to explore evolving technology and these gadgets for personal interest. Whatever your reasons, this little WiFi Audio Recorder is a superb multi-surveillance product that may help provide peace of mind.
- WiFi Audio Recorder with LIVE listening and recording
- Connects to any WiFi network
- No SIM card required
- Very easy to set up
- Power button - ON / OFF
- Smartphone app for iOS | Android
- Listen LIVE on a smartphone from anywhere in the world
- Microphone range - approx. 20 - 25 feet
- Very clear audio quality
- Sound detection recording to the smartphone app
- Voice-activated recording duration in 1 or 5 minutes (per detection)
- Instant playback
- Downloadable audio files
- Push notification when sound is detected
- Backup storage to removable Micro SD card
- Storage capacity - 128 GB (maximum)
- Internal battery - 600 mA | 3000 mA (larger model)
- Low-power battery management
- Low battery alert
- Reset hole
- Charging time - 3 hours | 6 hours (larger model)
- Standby time - 14 days (depending on mode) | 125 days (larger model depending on mode)
- Continuous recording - 5 hours | 30 hours (larger model)
- Operating time - 20 days | 125 days larger model (depending on power-saving mode)
- Audio file size - 1 MB per minute
- Charging current - 200 mA
- Power consumption - 80 mA
- Dimensions - 55 (H) x 30 (W) x 15 (D) mm | 90 (H) x 50 (W) x 15 (D) mm (larger model)
- Optional iSmart Power Bank
- Supplied with WiFi Audio Recorder, USB cable, Micro SD card reader, reset pin and User Guide
- Ideal for home and office security, mobile home, caravan workshop, relative and care home, etc
WANT YOUR PRODUCT FOR TOMORROW? If you place your order no later than 12:00 noon (Monday to Friday), your parcel will be dispatched the same business day by DPD courier. If you place your order AFTER 12:00 noon, your parcel will be dispatched the following business day.
DPD will endeavour to deliver your parcel between 07:00 - 18:00.
A ‘business day’ means Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays.
WANT AN EVEN FASTER DELIVERY? Expedited UK deliveries by 10:30 am and 12:00 noon are available for an additional fee, which is clearly shown during the checkout process. Orders must be received no later than 12 noon. If you place an order AFTER 12 noon, you will not qualify for expedited delivery.
SATURDAY DELIVERY Weekend deliveries between 07:00 - 18:00 are available for an additional fee, which is clearly shown during the checkout process. Orders must be received no later than 12 noon on a Friday. If you place an order AFTER 12 noon, you will not qualify for Saturday delivery.
For purchases to EU and other worldwide destinations, we use couriers by DPD, UPS, TNT and FedEx which are fully trackable.
A flat rate standard shipping fee of £40.00 applies for delivery between 6-7 business days depending on the destination, and £45.00 for expediated delivery between 4-5 business days depending on the destination.
Deliveries to EU and other worldwide destinations are not guaranteed by the timescales stated above, and will depend on factors that are outside our control. Parcels sent to EU and other worldwide countries may require a Customs Declaration attached to the outside of the parcel. To avoid any delay or repercussions, we must describe the item/s and quantities contained in the parcel and, as such, cannot take responsibility for parcels being stopped by customs and/or additional charges being applied by Customs and Excise in the receiving country.