How To Keep Your Cool When Wearing Body Cameras
Spy camera technology is so very sophisticated these days that you can now wear tiny pin hole cameras concealed on your body, without anyone being able to tell. These cameras can be fitted in everything from ties and watches to spectacles, where of course you can control the view and get the very best footage just by angling or tilting your head to look directly at the object you want to film. However, wearing a spy camera and getting away with it is not as easy as you may think. Its very hard to control that guilty feeling, that paranoia that everyone suspects that youre wearing a camera and that youll be caught any minute. The body worn camera itself wont be obvious, it will be virtually undetectable to a casual or even close observer. What will be obvious is your very suspicious behaviour, so how do you keep the sweating, twitching and darting eyes under control?
- Resist the temptation to fiddle with the camera. You must avoid drawing undue attention to the camera, which means not touching, adjusting or otherwise fiddling with it. Its easy to do this unconsciously, so be on your guard.
- Wear cool clothing to avoid sweating. If youre nervous, youre more likely to start perspiring. You cant stop this from happening (although a strong anti-perspirant can help) but you can avoid tight-fitting, heavy clothing that can make you feel too hot. Stick to loose, light layers instead, especially if its a hot day or youre going to spend a lot of time indoors.
- Consider the conditions, and the situation. Nothing gives the game away more than a pair of sunglasses on a cloudy day (or at night!) or a tie in an informal, casual situation, so make sure to dress appropriately for the situation and the weather.
- Do a trial run practice makes perfect. If youre worried about the filming angle and how naturally youll act when wearing your body worn spy camera, do a test run or perhaps several test runs. Make sure to review the footage afterwards to make sure youre not obscuring the footage.
- Wear it all the time, then youll forget youre wearing it. To stop the feeling that your body worn camera is really obvious, and that everyone can tell, start wearing it all the time. Wear the item in which the camera is concealed a lot, so that you forget youre wearing it and will appear far more natural. People in your life and at work will also get used to you wearing the item, so it wont arouse suspicion when you start to use it for filming and gathering the evidence you need.
Lastly, dont panic! If youve bought a great quality body worn camera, the chances are that nobody will be able to spot it. If you can stay calm and try to forget its there, youre more likely to act naturally and get away with it. Image credit: Wiki Commons