Laptop / Desktop Tracking
Tracking a computer desktop or laptop is a must-have piece of spy kit if you are worried about loss of sensitive data stored on it. It can perform the following functions:
- Provide a Geo location of the laptop / desktop in real time
- Monitoring and control of all user activity on the stolen equipment
- Visualisation of the computer's hard drive
- Retrieval and/or deletion of selected data files
- Confirmation of data trail for use in criminal proceedings
- Silent activation
- Complete reliability
- Hi-tech functionality
idea behind such equipment is that you can keep your data completely safe - even if it's stolen on your laptop or desktop. You are also able to locate the device and pass on the information to the police so that they are able to retrieve your equipment safely.
Five (5) great uses:
- To locate your laptop or desktop if you are the victim of a break-in and your equipment is stolen
- Monitoring employee laptops which are removed from the office
- Pulling data from a laptop or desktop when you are not at the same location
- Deleting data from a remote desktop or laptop
- Keeping track of computer equipment in transit - for instance, during a home or office relocation
The list of
applications is endless, and everybody will have their own reasons
behind purchasing equipment such as this. Above all, remember that they are perfectly legal
to use in order to present to the police
if needed, and also for presentation in a Court of Law.
Victims Of Crime
If you have ever been the victim of a theft, you will know the feeling of helplessness as your personal possessions are taken from you and you have no clue as to their whereabouts. You can locate your equipment in real time and have a real chance of getting it back in one piece, and the thief being apprehended. Thieves rarely take just a computer, and the chances are that the rest of your personal belongings will be found along with your IT equipment.
Protecting Work Assets
If you need to keep track of a series of laptops out on the road, this is a great way to do it. Especially useful for employees who are based in field work, you can also use as a mobile device to keep track of employee's locations and, if necessary, deploy the closest person to the job in hand.
All the above information is only
a very general insight as there are so many applications to choose from.