Spy Equipment Home
- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
TERMS / CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. You are responsible for deciding on the suitability of the goods offered for any particular purpose and for the consequences arising from your purchase.
By purchasing or placing an order for any product through the Online Spy Shop website or through any of our publications including any material connected directly with Online Spy Shop, you are acknowledging that you are over the age of 18 years and have read and fully understood these terms and conditions before proceeding with any purchase.
You are purchasing on the understanding that you fully understand and are complying with any applicable laws in this country and in your own country relating to the use or ownership of any equipment you order through the Site.
Furthermore, you accept full legal liability and responsibility for the use or misuse of any equipment which you order, including any consequential or indirect loss, damage or harm caused.
The Online Spy Shop is not under any duty whatsoever to advise you on the laws relating to equipment available through the Site or to notify you of the legality or suitability of any equipment ordered.
If you are in any doubt please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
2. Unless otherwise agreed all sales conducted through Online Spy Shop are made on these conditions of sale. No variation of these conditions of sale or any terms supplied with any order form or other document provided to you will be binding with Online Spy Shop unless confirmed in writing by a director of the company.
3. All orders are subject to acceptance by Online Spy Shop.
4. All goods are subject to availability.
PRICES / PAYMENT
5. All prices in our catalogue, leaflets and our website are shown in Pounds Sterling (£) and include Value Added Tax (VAT) at the current rate to the final purchase price.
VAT exempt customers outside the EU will automatically qualify for a VAT deduction during the checkout process.
For further details regarding VAT please see point 38 'Value Added Tax'.
6. Online Spy Shop reserves the right to re-invoice an order where an incorrect price has been submitted for an item due to an administrative or technical error. If you do not agree to the correct price you are not required to continue the purchase and you may ask for a full refund of any monies paid.
7. Unless otherwise agreed the full payment is required with any order or prior to delivery of the goods. Online payments are processed using Sage Pay in conjunction with Streamline Merchant Services.
Sage Pay has a global reputation in maximising the safety of credit or debit cards made through online transactions by using 128-bit SSL secure socket encryption in compliance with the World banking industry.
8. Any attempts to use credit cards fraudulently will be handed straight to the police in the region where the fraud originated. We are committed to our fight against fraud and will prosecute every case to the full extent of the law.
All orders placed must pass a series of strict security checks including 3D Secure authentication before any products are dispatched and we trust that our genuine customers will understand the reasons for this.
9. All handling and transaction charges implied are currently included in the total selling price of any product/s purchased at the current rate 2.5% for credit card payments, and £0.49 for debit card payments.
This also applies and is included in payments made by Cheque, BACS transfer (or cash where goods are collected from our office HQ or delivered to you by one of our accredited distributors).
10. For so long as any outstanding payment for goods remains owing, the goods remain the property of Online Spy Shop and ownership will not pass to you until we have received payment in full.
11. Online Spy Shop may charge interest at 2.5% per month compounded monthly on any amount not received by the due date until such amount is received both before and after judgment.
DELIVERY / RETURNS
12. Delivery is subject to availability of stock at the time of your purchase. We will endeavour to dispatch orders the same working day providing full payment is received before 15:00 pm Mon-Fri (except where Bank holidays and any other unforeseen holidays or absences are outside of our control) and providing the equipment ordered is not a customised product.
13. For any goods ordered that are not held in stock at the time of your purchase, delivery times may take up to 28 days in which case we will inform you accordingly.
Before placing any order it is advisable to contact us for accurate delivery timescales.
14. Orders placed through the Online Spy Shop website which total under £50.00 (excl VAT) are subject to a delivery charge within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland to the value of £6.50. Orders which total over £50.00 (excl VAT) will receive free UK delivery.
We also offer the option to upgrade the delivery service, however, this is NOT free and payable at the time of Checkout. In the event of an authorised product return you agree that this upgrade fee is non-refundable.
For customers outside the UK mainland, we use a delivery courier service appropriate to your location where delivery charges are a minimum of £22.50 (Standard) with a delivery between 3 - 6 days or £40.00 (Express) with a delivery between 2 - 5 days.
If the weight and dimensions of the packaging incur additional charges over the selected delivery charge we will contact you prior to sending the goods.
15. Customers outside the UK mainland may be responsible for import duties and local taxes (if applied by the local authorities). For further details please read point 39 'Import Duty'.
16. The courier driver is instructed to release the goods only to the person whose name is either the card holder or the name of a different person only if instructed to us in the Comments Box when making an order.
17. Under the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) you are entitled to cancel your order within seven (7) working days from the date of receiving the goods.
Please Note: Under section 23 of the DSR, the cancellation period does not apply to video and / or audio equipment which has been unsealed or electronic software which has been issued with a custom license serial number.
Online Spy Shop will accept returned item/s providing the following points are observed:
17.1. We are notified either via email or written letter within seven (7) working days of receiving the goods that you wish to cancel the order. We can not accept a cancellation made by telephone.
17.2. Goods may be inspected but not used. Where a holographic security sticker is applied to useable parts of any product, this must not be tampered or removed otherwise goods will be deemed as used.
Whilst the goods are in your possession you have a duty of care including returning the item/s in the same condition that you received them.
17.3. You are responsible for any costs arising from returning any goods, as well as liable for any loss or damage which occurs to the goods, or which is caused by goods themselves, while they are in transit.
17.4. All postage and packaging of returned items are the responsibility of the consumer. It is recommended that goods are returned by tracked courier service with appropriate insurance cover. Goods not received by us which have not been returned using a tracked courier are at your own risk.
Alternatively, we can arrange a collection service from your premises of which the courier costs incurred will be deducted from any refunded monies.
18. Due to hygiene regulations we cannot accept any returned product in which earphones are supplied and have been used unless that product is found to be faulty.
19. We cannot accept a returned product where we, or any of our associated partners have specifically custom designed and built a product for a customer.
If a customer changes their mind midway through a custom-build order after the custom-build has already commenced and decides to cancel, we reserve the right to charge labour costs plus any other additional costs, such as for materials used or ordered for the purpose of the custom-build, following such cancellation.
20. You are required to ensure that you have notified us and obtained prior permission to return any items purchased through the Site and / or have completed an ‘RMA Returns Form’ which we have issued to you, prior to sending any items back to us.
Failure to do this may result in unauthorised packages being rejected and returned back to you.
21. No items should be tampered with or dismantled, especially electrical equipment provided by us as this could void the products warranty.
22. Goods must be returned within 14 days from the cancellation notice or within a reasonable practicable time.
23. Claims for non-delivery of goods must be notified to Online Spy Shop within seven (7) days of the invoice purchase date. This should be done by contacting us through the Contact Us page of our site to inform us about such non-delivery.
24. Faulty goods will be accepted for return no later than seven (7) working days following delivery. Goods must be returned in the same condition as received complete with all original packaging and accessories.
25. Custom build products that have later received a fault and need to be returned for repair, may incur additional postage and packaging costs even whilst under the manufacturers warranty.
26. We can only refund paid monies to the registered credit / debit card that was used to make the original purchase. We can not refund to a different credit / debit card unless that card has expired.
We can not issue a cash payment or bank transfer as an alternative for any monies paid by credit / debit cards.
27. The processing of refunds may take up to 28 days from point of cancellation.
For further information regarding your consumer rights please refer to the Office of Fair Trading and Distance Selling Regulations website please click here
28. As a result of continued product development the specification and / or design of goods may vary from any images, designs, or accompanying descriptions shown on the site.
GUARANTEE, LIABILITY AND SUPPORT
29. All goods supplied by Online Spy Shop are provided with a six (6) month warranty commencing from the date in which you receive the item. We will endeavour to swiftly repair or replace any item which has developed a manufacturers fault within the warranty period.
The warranty does not cover against mis-use of any item or general wear and tear of an item. Under circumstances such as these we can offer to send the item/s back to the manufacturer or to order any new parts which might be needed to repair the item in which all applicable costs must be covered by the consumer.
After the warranty period has expired, any returns will be chargeable including any applicable costs for outward and inward shipping, customs, labour and materials costs which must be covered by the consumer.
30. Online Spy Shop accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, harm or damage, including but not limited to any liability for indirect or consequential loss, loss or corruption of data, or loss of profits, revenue, business or goodwill except for liability for death or personal injury, arising as a direct result of any representations, breach of contract or negligence caused by Online Spy Shop.
We accept no liability for death or personal injury resulting from any items ordered through the Site, such as misuse of items or damage within an item, where such injury or death is not a direct result of Online Spy Shop’s negligence.
31. All conditions, warranties, guarantees and representations, express or implied, by statute, common law or otherwise in relation to the goods (other than any liability which Online Spy Shop is not permitted by law to exclude or restrict) are hereby excluded.
32. Online Spy Shop does not represent or warrant, nor is it responsible for any direct or indirect consequences of information accessible via this website or links to other websites from this website.
Any information accessed through the Site, including any reviews of items or recommendations, as well as the information contained within any associated sections of the Site, such as emails from Online Spy Shop, the Blog, Facebook Page or other media, is not ever to be relied upon as a statement of fact or for the purposes of legal responsibility and should so only be viewed as subjective opinion.
Online Spy Shop has no liability whatsoever in respect of any use made of any information accessed through the Site or made available through your use of the Site.
GIFTS / MARKETING
33. From time to time promotional free gifts may be offered with goods. If acceptance of a free gift contravenes your business policies or practices please contact us accordingly.
34. Telephone calls may be recorded and used for training and / or monitoring purposes.
35. Online Spy Shop may at its absolute discretion decline to accept orders or to offer credit terms.
LEGAL STATUS OF PRODUCTS
36. It is the responsibility of the buyer to obtain and obey all applicable country, state, and federal laws with regards to the possession and use of any item made available by Online Spy Shop either through its website, catalogue or by any other advertising publication.
By placing an order the buyer represents that he / she is of legal age and that the products will be used in a completely lawful manner.
37. Although it is not an offence to manufacture or possess a transmitter in the UK, some of the transmitters featured on this site are not D.T.I. approved and as such the use of them could constitute an offence.
Equipment which is not D.T.I approved is sold for export only. The telephone equipment featured on this Site or associated catalogue/s are not approved by British Telecoms.
VALUE ADDED TAX
38. Our business is based within the UK and as such we have to comply with UK and EU VAT obligations.
As a general rule of thumb, for orders placed from and delivered to a UK address, we must charge you VAT at the current rate. For orders placed from and delivered to a European address, we must charge VAT at the current rate unless a company VAT number is provided.
For orders placed from and delivered to a non-EU address, no VAT will be applicable.
For all orders we will provide a valid VAT receipt upon request.
Further details regarding VAT regulations can be found by visiting hmrc.gov.uk.
39. If your order is shipped outside of the EU, it may be subject to customs duty. Depending on the destination and the value and type of product/s, there may be import duty to pay before being able to take delivery of goods.
We cannot offer accurate advice on any applicable tariffs or whether you will be liable in any particular instance. Further details about import regulations can be found by visiting hmrc.gov.uk.
40. Online Spy Shop will report any suspected attempt to make a fraudulent transaction to the appropriate authorities. Should we feel in our absolute discretion that a transaction has been placed which does not look completely satisfactory, we will undertake additional security procedures to protect both our business enterprise and our customers.
We reserve the right to request additional information to back up or support information already provided by a customer in regards to payment security checks. Please ensure that all information provided is correct and up to date. Refusal to supply any additional information required to validate a purchase order will result in cancellation.
41. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions will always be accessible through the Site at www.onlinespyshop.co.uk/page/terms.php and you are solely responsible for ensuring that you are aware of the latest version.
42. Copyright (c) Online Spy Shop 2005 - 2015. All website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement herein are Copyrighted. All rights are reserved. All errors and omissions are excepted. All trademarks are acknowledged where applicable.
43. If any provision of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable under any present or future law, then that provision will be fully severable. This Agreement will be construed and enforced as if the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision had never comprised a part of this Agreement, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect and will not be affected by the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision or by its severance from this Agreement.
Furthermore, in lieu of each such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision, there will be added automatically, as a part of this Agreement, a provision as similar in terms to such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision as may be possible and be legal, valid and enforceable.
44. Any dispute or claim arising out of issues directly related to these terms and conditions, or as a result of your use of the Site or dealing with Online Spy Shop, are to be governed by the laws of England & Wales and all such claims are to be governed under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.