Spy Equipment Home
- Privacy and Security
Privacy and Security
The Data Protection Act 1998
As part of our security policy we are committed to protecting your privacy and we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. OSS Technology is registered within the United Kingdom for both a valid Registration and Security Number.
Data We Collect
We may collect, use or store the following types of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us for the purposes of completing an order on the site, including your email address, first name, last name, postal address and postcode.
- Information relating your use of the Site including pages visited, referral source, length of page visits, website navigation and browsing preferences.
- Information relating to your computer and geographical location, including your IP address, location, browser type and version and operating system.
- Information relating to your interactions with the Site, including but not limited to, emails and messages to us and any other interactions you make with us or other users while you access the Site.
- Any other relevant personal information relating to your use of the Site.
Who May Process Data
Your personal information which includes your name, address and any other details you provide to us which concern you as an individual may be processed both by us and by other companies within our group for the purposes of fulfilling your order.
Purpose of Processing
In particular, your Personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
Please see our ‘Cookies’ section below for further details.
- For the purpose of fulfilling orders placed by you and for processing any other authorised transactions.
- To enable us to improve the site design, navigation, settings and overall experience of the Site by monitoring and evaluating how the Site is used and interacted with.
- We may monitor the geographical location of our Users and the Inbound links they have used to originally visit the Site, in order to monitor where website traffic is coming from and to evaluate the success of any promotional work undertaken.
- Google Analytics is used on our Site to enable us to monitor information related to your browsing history and navigation through the Site.
Please see 'Protection and Use of Private Information' below for further information on how this information might be used.
- Private Information which is provided when making an order through the Site, such as Email address, First name, Last name, Date of Birth, Postal Address and Postcode are treated confidentially and are never shared with unauthorised 3rd parties.
- To enable us to monitor the behaviour of Users and to properly ensure that the Site is being used responsibly, legally, appropriately and within the site's standard Terms of Service.
We will never share your email address (or any other identifiable personal information) with Unauthorised 3rd Parties, such as a 3rd party mailing list or a direct marketing company. We would always get your express permission before ever doing so.
We will always send a Confirmation Email to the provided Email Address after an Order through the Site, acting as a form of e-receipt confirming the following:
Should you subscribe to our Mailing List we will inform you of special offers and provide other marketing information which we think you may find of interest and for the purpose of undertaking product or customer research and development.
- Order number
- Order description
- Value of the order
- Our full contact details
Disclosure of Information
In the unlikely event that a liquidator, administrator or receiver is appointed your information may be transferred to a third party purchaser of the business provided that purchaser undertakes to use your information for the same purposes as set out in this policy.
We undertake not to provide your personal information to any third parties except in accordance with this policy.
Your information will not be disclosed to government or local authorities or other government institutions except as required by law or other binding regulations.
We can in no way prevent the use or misuse of any information which is posted, submitted or displayed publicly by our Users in the course of using or visiting the Site and are under no obligation to remove any personal or confidential data which may be shared or published by Users such as through the Blog Comments section or any other Section of the Site where users can publicly displayer information.
We will where possible however try to remove any content submitted and displayed by our Users where that might be considered confidential or private where such information is reported to us.
A cookie is information which is sent to your web browser from our server and is stored there - either for the duration only of your visit to the Site (using 'Session Cookies') or for a fixed period of time (using 'Persistent Cookies') - in order to send communication and information from your browser to our Server or to the server of any other 3rd party who may send you cookies.
Such communication between Browser and Server enables a web server to identify, analyse, track or otherwise make use of certain data from your web browser, improving your browsing experience and the quality of the service provided.
Our shopping cart system will place a Session Cookie on your computer when you visit our website. This only contains your shopping items and does not store any personal details nor has any effect outside of the Online Spy Shop.co.uk domain therefore, as soon as you leave the domain or close your browser - the items you have stored will be lost.
An example of the kind of information Google Analytics tracks include Number of Pages Visited, Bounce Rate of Pages, Geographical Location of Visitors, Daily or Monthly Unique Visitors to the Site and so on.
Google Analytics does not share personal information from your web browser or any information which could allow us to personally identify you.
Any Payment Processors which you Access or Use through the Site for the purposes of placing an Order with us may also send cookies to your browser in order to properly track and identify you when you use their services. These cookies would only be used to ensure secure and reliable identification while you follow any payment or money-related procedures or services and would always be deleted upon completion of an Order.
Please make sure to check you are in agreement with any such Payment Processor’s Cookies Policy, if you are concerned.
You can set your web browser to reject Cookies, or you can delete any cookies currently installed on your browser through your browser’s History settings, however deleting or rejecting cookies could prevent you from using this site properly, such as not enabling the shopping cart to collect your items correctly or enabling your order to be complete through the secure card payment processor.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss.
Telephone calls to Online Spy Shop may be recorded in order to be used for monitoring, training or security purposes.
We are in no way responsible for the Privacy Policies or practices of any other websites or external links which are accessed or made available through the Site.
Access to Information
You may ask us whether we are storing personal information about you by emailing us and if you wish we will provide you with a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
We will ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide any information if identity is not established.
You may cease from using the Site at any time and following a request for a copy of all personal information we hold about you as discussed above, you are also able to request that we remove this information from our database.
Should you have any questions or comments about our commitment to your privacy you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.